SEO is short for Search Engine Optimization. Basically, it includes a combination of strategies, techniques, and tactics that are used to enhance the traffic of the website by putting on the top of the search engine pages such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. Search engine result page is the web page that a search engine responds to show the result of the search. The search engine on search engine result pages typically displays three types of listing.
1. Indexed listing by search engine spider
2. Manual listings that have been indexed by the search engine
3. Listing that has been paid
What are the types of SEO?
There are two main areas search engine looks into when examining the websites:
1. On-page SEO
2. Off-page SEO
On Page SEO:
It is also known as on-site SEO. In this type of SEO, different areas of a search engine are enhanced that helps in optimizing the search engine rankings. It generally includes those things that the website owner controls as well as make changes. Important factors that are included in on-page SEO are as follows:
• Headings (H1): It is a great idea to use keywords in the content headings as they are the biggest words that are visible on the page and will be a great way to show the content of the page.
• Title Tags: It features the targeted keywords of the content of the page.
• The arrangement of the URL: It is recommended not to change the URL arrangement of the page until and unless they are redirecting the old ones to the new page.
• Alt Text in the pages: Search Engines searches for images on the basis of the alt text, so alt text on the images should feature keywords.
• The content of the pages: The content of the website is vital to attracting search engines and visitors.
• Loading speed of page: People search information online to get instant results so the loading speed of the page should be fast to get higher search engine ranking.
• Internal linking: Linking one page of the website to another page helps in attracting more visitors as well it is important for search engine rankings.
In off-page SEO, the experts aim mainly on optimizing the domain authority by acquiring more links from other web pages. Additionally, there is a score that is called “Domain Authority” that calculate the reliability of your website as compared to other websites. The quality and number of the backlinks is the biggest factor of off-page SEO. Some of the effective ways to create links on the websites are:
– Quality content
– Social media sharing
– Outreaching people by emails
– Guest blogging on the sites that is similar to yours
When it comes to building links, the SEO experts recommend quality over quantity. Writing and sharing quality and valuable content is one of the important factors that make your link building efficient. Earlier local Austin SEO professionals used to think that buying links is a great way of link building. However, Google now reprimands this as it is considered a way to manipulate page ranking.